Thursday, September 25, 2008

CareerBeam Values and Vision


Ten years from now, I see myself as a confident and successful business leader.  With my education from Loyola I know that I will be able to make critical decisions and be fully prepared for whatever obstacles I may face.  In the future, I want to use my degree in marketing and work for a corporate company that will open many doors.  I want to be involved in my community in New Orleans to help preserve all of its historic aspects and traditions and also make it a safer place to live.
"Knowing your destination is half the journey" - Unknown Author.

A vision statement is useful to help you focus on your goals and prioritize what is important.  I believe that if you have a vision it is easier to reach your goals because it serves as a reminder of the impact you intend to have on the world.  Like the quote, if you have strong will and determination it will help to make you work that much harder in order to achieve your personal goals.  However, the challenges that come with writing a vision statement is uncertainty of your own future such and global changes in the world.  The world is constantly changing and over the years your priorities shift.

On the online CareerBeam test that I took it said that I am a pursuer.  The traits of a pursuer are thinking, learning, reasoning, probing, analyzing, and explaining.  I believe that this is a true representation of a pursuer and of myself.  Because I believe in making a plan and following along its path.  I think before I act and analyzing a situation beforehand only makes you think harder to realize what the outcome will be.  
Everyday we make choices that will impact our future, such as going to class, studying, keeping in touch with friends and family, money management.  All of the choices we make daily are the answers to what our future will become.  You cannot just wish for a better future you must act.  This is why I believe I am a pursuer because I can outline my future and leave room for adjustments along the way.  I can picture my goals and with my determination I believe I will achieve my goals.



Product Mission
To make, distribute & sell the finest quality all natural ice cream & euphoric concoctions with a continued commitment to incorporating wholesome, natural ingredients and promoting business practices that respect the Earth and the Environment.
Economic Mission
To operate the Company on a sustainable financial basis of profitable growth, increasing value for our stakeholders & expanding opportunities for development and career growth for our employees.
Social Mission
To operate the company in a way that actively recognizes the central role that business plays in society by initiating innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally & internationally.


In Ben and Jerry's mission statement they want to have a product that will make an impact on the world and make an impact on the customers.  They want to be profitable and keep their employees in mind as they develop and expand opportunities for them.  Environmental health is important to the company and this is important at a time where we are seeing changes in the environment and the impact that global warming is having on Earth.  I believe that working for a company like Ben and Jerry's would be beneficial to one's career because they are an innovative company that is always producing new flavors and products.  Also, they seem to be a company that cares about their employees.